- 4 – 6 cups water or broth (made without onions or garlic)
- 3 carrots, peeled and chopped to your liking
- 1 small potato
- 1 stalk celery, finely chopped
- 1 pound of chicken, preferably bone-in
- 1 – 2 tsp of your favorite dried herbs
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar (or any vinegar on hand)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Garnish: garlic infused olive oil and fresh chopped herbs
The longer this dish is allowed to cook the better the flavor. You have many cooking options: Stove-top, dutch oven, slow-cooker, Instant Pot
Directions for stove-top:
- . Add all the ingredients to a pot except for garnish and carrots. (I like to cook carrots at the end so they aren’t too mushy.)
- Bring to a boil, then lower to a simmer for at least an hour.
- Remove bay leaf, add more salt/pepper if needed and add carrots.
- Continue to simmer on low another 8 minutes or until carrots are tender.
- Add garnish when serving.
Directions for oven casserole, slow-cooker and Instant Pot.
- Add all ingredients to the cooking vessel of choice.
- Dutch oven: Bake in a covered dish at 350 degrees F for 1 – 2 hours. Check after 1 hour for desired doneness.
- Slow-Cooker: Folllow manufacturer’s instructions. (About 6 hours on LOW, 3 hours on HIGH.)
- Instant Pot: Add only 4 cups of water and use stew/broth button or 15 minutes manual setting.
2. Add garnish when serving.